You are not logged in.

:thumbsup: Vor dem Erstellen von Beiträgen bitte sicherstellen, dass die jeweils aktuelle Software-Version verwendet wird: Bogart für Windows 11.6/10.9/9.15/8.20/7.23/6.25 :!: / Casablanca-3 PAL = BogartSE 11.6/10.9/9.15/8.20/7.23/6.25/5.29 (nur mit Arabesk 6/7) :!: / DVC/Enterprise = RelaxVision 5.9L :!:

Dear visitor, welcome to MacroSystem Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ian Pearson

Forum Einsteiger (wenig Beiträge)

• "Ian Pearson" is male
  • "Ian Pearson" started this thread

Date of registration: May 8th 2012

• Casablanca-4 Studio(Pro)
    Casablanca Solitaire Ultra
    Casablanca S-6000

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:59am

Direct Viewing on a TV

From the start of using my S6000, I have used the Bogart “backup Storyboard” function to save both my original unedited material and all my completed project storyboards, to external Seagate HDD’s.

I recently connected one of these HDD’s to the USB socket on a TV and found the menu displays all the projects, each displayed with the title given in the backup list and when selected will play them perfectly. This means I can view in HD, all my projects on any TV with a USB facility, without the need to burn a DVD or BD. That means for home use I do not need DVD’s or BD’s.

My question is, what format / codec is the Bogart backup storyboard using, to enable this facility.

Ian

Michael Huebmer

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agency Hotline AT/CH:0900-399330 DE:09001-960112

• "Michael Huebmer" is male

Date of registration: Mar 10th 2011

About me: Details
Service-Hotline
International Editor
Lasting Distribution

Wer meine kostenlose Unterstützung im Forum belohnen möchte, möge sich

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 12:43pm

This depends on the "Format" and "Mode" setting in the "Project" menu.
  1. SD project = DV Dif output
  2. HD project + mode HDV = HDV MPEG-2 output
  3. HD project + mode MTS = H.264/MPEG-4 AVC output

Please also keep in mind, that there are two different filesystems for external harddrives.
  • FAT32 will work on most devices, but can only hold files up to 4 GByte.
  • NTFS can use larger files, but is not supported by all mediaplayers, TV sets,....

So you have to verify your external equipment and consider that a future exchange of the equipment can result in other file format needs. Unfortunately there is no common standard for all kinds of equipment. :S
Signature from »Michael Huebmer« Wie bei allen EDV Systemen, sollte auch bei Casablanca oder DVC Modellen eine regelmäßige Datensicherung erfolgen :!: Auch wenn Festplatten gegenüber optischen Medien die einfachste und preiswerteste Sicherung darstellen: Es ist nie fraglich ob eine Festplatte mal ausfällt - sondern wann :!: (siehe Google Studie ). So hart es klingen mag: ungesicherte Daten sind unwichtige Daten :!: Bei Festplatten Struktur-Fehlern hilft eine Neuinstallation, bei Hardware-Defekten nur noch teure Datenrettungs-Dienstleister . :S

Ian Pearson

• "Ian Pearson" is male

Casablanca S-6000

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 6:52pm

Thank you Michael for the reply.

I film with a Canon XF100, in HD 1920x1080i, but am unsure if this is HDV or MTS, I will need to do some investigation work.

Ian

Michael Huebmer

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agency Hotline AT/CH:0900-399330 DE:09001-960112

• "Michael Huebmer" is male

Date of registration: Mar 10th 2011

About me: Details
Service-Hotline
International Editor
Lasting Distribution

Wer meine kostenlose Unterstützung im Forum belohnen möchte, möge sich

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 7:22pm

HDV is always 1280x720p or 1440x1080i50.

All Full-HD formates should be exported with MTS or from the editing menu with opt / scene export (generating an AVI with H.264/MPEG-4 Codec).

If the TV and the S-6000 have a network connection, it would also be possible to send the storyboard (with MPEG compression) to the MediaManager, and activate the Casablanca UPnP Server in the MediaManager settings / 8 device / network section. Then modern, network-attached TV´s can play the movie directly from the S-6000 harddisc over the network. :thumbup:
Signature from »Michael Huebmer« Wie bei allen EDV Systemen, sollte auch bei Casablanca oder DVC Modellen eine regelmäßige Datensicherung erfolgen :!: Auch wenn Festplatten gegenüber optischen Medien die einfachste und preiswerteste Sicherung darstellen: Es ist nie fraglich ob eine Festplatte mal ausfällt - sondern wann :!: (siehe Google Studie ). So hart es klingen mag: ungesicherte Daten sind unwichtige Daten :!: Bei Festplatten Struktur-Fehlern hilft eine Neuinstallation, bei Hardware-Defekten nur noch teure Datenrettungs-Dienstleister . :S

Ian Pearson

• "Ian Pearson" is male

Casablanca S-6000

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 11:00am

My many thanks again Michael

Whilst having a reasonable knowledge of editing techniques, my understanding of the format/coding, etc. is limited, (no let’s be honest it’s miniscule) so please bear with me if at times I seem to be a little vague.

Maybe wrongly, but my view is, that to be a good editor it is not essential to fully understand all the technical aspects of what goes on in the machine, although agreed, it may well help.

All I want to do is save and play my projects from HDD’s, which I think you have given me what I need to know to achieve this. Burnt DVD's and BD's are not good long term storage devices.

Ian

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Michael Huebmer (16.04.2014)

Social bookmarks